A recent event dedicated to the business community active in Targu Mures (Center Romania) and the surrounding areas was the ideal platform for a coherent and consistent discussion on key intellectual property issues that can have a significant, yet less easily visible impact on companies operating in different industries.
Organized by RMKT, the gathering was aimed at raising awareness about intellectual property issues with a focus on trademarks and at equipping entrepreneurs with practical tools to help them cope with potential business problems concerning this specific field.
Our very own Andreea Bende and Zsófia Judit Halmágyi were invited to contribute their expert views on such a generous topic. Our colleagues presented a well-balanced technical-practical presentation focused on:
- What is the role and the value of intellectual property for businesses, with focus on trademarks?
- When choosing a brand representing the identity of a business, what are the main aspects to be considered?
- How to obtain and protect a trademark (procedural aspects and practical examples)?
- How to manage conflicts between trademarks and domain names/commercial names (and mitigate related risks in relation to such)?
The event was complemented by a vivid Q&A session. Key takeaways and further points of discussion included:
- There is a growing concern among entrepreneurs regarding the protection of their intellectual property.
- Companies face numerous challenges related to the use of their trademarks and trade names, both online and offline.
- In terms of the risk management relating to trademark conflicts, entrepreneurs need to consider certain specific factors and keep in balance all their IP rights and business interests.
We are ready for the next discussion on the above and are always available for a debate that might benefit the business community, at large.
To raise awareness on intellectual property aspects and to help companies understand the relevant concepts, risks and benefit connected to such, SIMION & BACIU constantly contributes expert views during events dedicated to the business community.
SIMION & BACIU is a 2-time winner of the much-coveted Romanian Law Firm of the Year award by Managing IP in 2021 and 2022. Also, the firm is the winner of the prestigious Trademark Firm of the Year for Romania distinction at the 2022 Global IP Awards Gala presented by IAM and WTR.