International Masters in Gaming Law’s (IMGL) mission is to enhance and advance gaming law education around the globe and the exceptionally insightful conferences it rolls out are a key part of achieving that aim, as per the organization’s statements.
In this spirit, IMGL’s 2023 autumn conference tackles an inspiring list of topics, inviting the community to debate from a multitude of perspectives. The agenda includes panels titled:
- Keeping the house clean: B2B providers contribution to enforcement against unregulated operators
- Advertising and social media: preserving and growing revenue streams
- The Empire strikes back: Record fines issued by regulators in Northern Europe!
- Creating regulation from scratch. Issues faced when regulating new markets and products
- Channeling through sound regulation and effective enforcement. Learnings from mature jurisdictions
- From bricks to clicks: multichannel challenges and opportunities in casino and retail operations
- Deus ex machina: using technology to improve consumer protection and customer experience
- Sport’s relationship with gambling: creating a commercial win-win on sponsorship, IP rights and integrity
- The regulators’ roadmap for a positive future
Cosmina Maria Simion and Ana-Maria Baciu, Managing Partners of SIMION & BACIU will attend the conference, with numerous discussion points and trend updates to share, from a legal perspective, as concerns the Romania market.
Details about the agenda, the outstanding lineup of speakers and how to register to the event are available HERE.
IMGL is a not for profit association comprising over 300 members globally. Its members are recognized as the leading experts in their jurisdictions and are involved in most material gambling sector developments and issues worldwide. To learn more about IMGL, please visit the website: https://www.imgl.org/
Cosmina and Ana-Maria are General Members of IMGL. Also, currently, Cosmina acts as a Fist Vice President of the association and Ana-Maria is a co-chair to its Membership Committee.
Details about SIMION & BACIU’s Gaming & Gambling award-winning practice are available HERE.
SIMION & BACIU and its team members are honored to have been receiving an impressive string of accolades for their experience and level of client service in the gaming and gambling industry, with highlights including:
- SIMION & BACIU
- is the only Romanian law firm currently included in TIER 1 (the highest distinction) for TMT: Gambling Law by Legal 500
- was shortlisted at the EGR B2B Awards Gala 2022 and 2023 for the Corporate services supplier category, as the only Romanian firm participating in this awards programme
- won the Firm in Gambling Law award at the Romanian Legal Awards Gala (2022)
- won of the Most Dynamic/Best Law Firm active in Gaming Law in Romania awards at the Casino Inside gala in 2019, 2021 and 2022
- Cosmina Simion and Ana-Maria Baciu are
- the first and only Romanian lawyers included in the Global Market Leaders in Gaming and Gambling Law by Chambers and Partners
- the only lawyers acknowledged for sports and gaming law for Romania by Who’s Who Legal (WWL)
- acknowledged as Leading Individuals by the Legal 500 rankings, and are currently the only Romanian lawyers to be given such a recognition