Cosmina Simion and Corina Roman recently attended the IBA’s Annual Conference and gathered insightful takeaways that span a spectrum of topics contributing to the ongoing (re)shaping the legal landscape.
- The latest global trends, ranging from evolving regulations to emerging technologies, may subject the adaptability of the legal community to a series of stress-tests. This directly influences the response to clients’ expectations for consistent, time-sensitive, and results-driven interactions.
- Promoting diversity and inclusion within the legal profession serves as the foundation for strategies aimed at creating more inclusive workplaces and fostering a culture that recognizes them as drivers of innovation and success.
- The intersection of technology and the legal profession creates space for leveraging the benefits of digital tools, enhancing efficiency, staying competitive, and delivering meaningful client services.
By design, IBA also provides ample opportunities for networking and collaboration. Engaging with peers from diverse backgrounds and jurisdictions is enriching at all levels and creates valuable experiences. It also reinforces the importance of staying abreast of global legal developments and embracing innovation in the approach to legal practice, not only as a necessity but as a strategic advantage.
About IBA and its Annual Conference
IBA is the world’s leading organisation of international legal practitioners, bar associations & law societies.
IBA’s Annual Conference is regarded as a leading conference for legal professionals across the globe to meet and exchange knowledge. The event is designed to serve to the advancement of the development of international law and its role in business and society, to provide members with world-class professional development opportunities to enable them to deliver outstanding legal services.
More about IBA Annual Conference is available HERE.
About SIMION & BACIU and the “character traits” that set us apart
SIMION & BACIU is an award-winning intellectual powerhouse providing the best combination of legal advice, business savvy and humanness.
We act as business partners to our clients in areas of practice and regulated industries pivotal to our firm’s sustainable growth: intellectual property, gaming and gambling, consumer protection, advertising and data privacy, technology & media, corporate and M&A, and disputes resolution.
SIMION & BACIU or members of its team are active in third-party professional organizations such as AmCham (American Chamber of Commerce in Romania), INTA (International Trademark Association) and IMGL (International Masters of Gaming Law), and more.
Members of our team are independently acknowledged by reputable international directories including Legal 500, Chambers and Partners, Managing IP, Who’sWho Legal, IAM Patent 1000 and WTR 1000.
Our growing reputation is reconfirmed by distinctions such as:
- Recognition as a Leading Firm by the leading British publications Legal500 and Chambers and Partners
- Law Firm of the Year in Romania distinction awarded by Managing IP (2021, 2022 and 2023)
- Recognition as a Top Firm by IP STARS, Trademark Firm of the Year in Romania at the IP Global Awards (2022), Recommended by IAM Patent 1000 and Gold-band by WTR 1000