The debate provided an excellent platform for stakeholders to understand the trends that they should expect in the coming year.
Ana-Maria Baciu, after moderating the discussion of the esteemed lineup of speakers, shared the indubitable verdict:
2024 is a year of change for all jurisdictions that were part of the roundtable – Ukraine, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, and Romania.
Key takeaways to be included in the agenda of all those concerned with the gaming and gambling industry:
- Gambling continues to be a relevant industry in the region.
- Money (from taxes) continues to make the (gambling) world go round.
- Responsible gambling is a constant concern, in some countries, better addressed than in others.
- Advertising is under scrutiny and probably subject to limitations that will soon be imposed.
- Other restrictions apply (e.g., exclusion of land-based gambling halls from bigger or smaller cities, depending on the jurisdiction).
Ana-Maria concluded her pots-log on the event highlighting that:
𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐮𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧 (𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐩𝐲) 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭-𝐬𝐨-𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬.
SIMION & BACIU has an award-winning Gaming & Gambling Regulatory practice that is focused on being ahead of the game, including by joining international reputed gambling professional associations and providing an outstanding level of service to its clients, also by teaming up with international law firms specialized in betting and gambling.
To read more about our Gaming & Gambling regulatory practice please check HERE.