“Shaping the future of gaming law” is the commitment of the International Masters in Gaming Law (IMGL) to the business community.
In this spirit, IMGL’s 2022 autumn conference tackles an inspiring list of topics, inviting the community to debate from a multitude of perspectives. The agenda includes panels titled:
- Regulation vs innovation in the gaming industry
- The Global Business perspective: Relationship building with key stakeholders in turbulent times
- Emerging Markets: New Territories in LatAm, Africa, Eastern Europe
- When culture needs to mingle with gaming
- US / Canada Updates
- New technologies in the gambling industry: Blockchain/NFTs/Crypto and the Metaverse – what are we waiting for?
- UK – Review of the Gambling Act 2005 – a sign of things to come for the global gaming industry?
- Gambling and geopolitics: the Ukraine crisis and its impact on the global gambling industry
- Single customer view – a realistic and deliverable harm reduction strategy?
- Cosmina will moderate the panel titled “Gambling and geopolitics: the Ukraine crisis and its impact on the global gambling industry”.
“The panel will consider the impact of the Russia-Ukraine conflict on the local gambling industry and any businesses with operational and supply-chain links to Ukraine (of which there are many), as well as the longer-term repercussions for the global gambling industry”, as announced by the organizers.
- Ana-Maria will be a speaker in the panel titled “Regulation vs innovation in the gaming industry”.
As the organizers mentioned, the “discussion will be framed by exploring the balance between the application of minimum standards to ensure consumer protection and attract investments whilst also recognizing the need to allow for a degree of freedom to foster innovation and realistic implementation”.
Details about the agenda, the outstanding lineup of speakers and how to register to the event are available here.
IMGL is a not for profit association comprising over 300 members globally. Its members are recognized as the leading experts in their jurisdictions and are involved in most material gambling sector developments and issues worldwide. To learn more about IMGL, please visit the website here.
Cosmina and Ana–Maria are General Members of IMGL. Also, currently, Cosmina acts as a member of the Executive Board of the association and Ana-Maria is a co-chair to its Membership Committee.
Details about SIMION & BACIU’s Gaming & Gambling practice are available here.
SIMION & BACIU and its team members are honored to have been receiving an impressive string of accolades for their experience and level of client service in the gaming and gambling industry, with recent highlights including:
- The Firm
- is the only Romanian law firm currently included in TIER 1 (the highest distinction) for TMT: Gambling Law by Legal 500
- is the winner of the Firm in Gambling Law award at the Romanian Legal Awards Gala 2022
- was shortlisted at the EGR B2B Awards Gala 2022 for the Corporate services supplier and Services rising star categories, as the only Romanian firm participating in this awards programme
- Cosmina Simion and Ana-Maria Baciu are
- the first and only Romanian lawyers included in the Global Market Leaders in Gaming and Gambling Law by Chambers and Partners
- the only lawyers acknowledged for sports and gaming law for Romania by Who’s Who Legal (WWL)
- acknowledged as Leading Individuals by the Legal 500 rankings, and are currently the only Romanian lawyers to be given such a recognition
- Cosmina Simion
- has been shortlisted as a finalist for the category Best Regulatory Lawyer of the Year at the VIXIO Gambling Compliance Global Regulatory Awards 2022 (GRAs). Cosmina is the first Romanian lawyer to achieve such an exceptional performance and is one of the only seven professionals in the world selected as finalists for the 2022 award.
- was awarded Top Lawyer in TMT: Gambling Law at the 2021 and 2022 Lawyers Gala organized by FinMedia
- Andrei Cosma, Managing Associate was awarded Top Lawyer in Gambling Law during the 2022 Lawyers Gala organized by FinMedia, and is recognized as a Rising Star by the Legal 500