We are here to help you shape your ideas and bring them to life unencumbered, to protect and turn them into assets and to defend them against all odds.
Our expertise in Intellectual Property was built in over 20 years, out of passion and hard work. With each new project we are entrusted, new task we tackle and new battle we fight, we continue to grow and learn every day something new alongside you, our clients, our friends, our partners.
With us, clients enjoy a major advantage: no matter the complexities a project involves, our team is likely to have dealt with similar challenges before or could steadily tackle unexplored areas.
Our expertise in Intellectual Property matters focuses on:
- Brands and trademarks;
- Trade dress and trade names;
- Enforcement and border measures;
- Unfair competition;
- Trade secrets and know–how;
- Copyright and related rights;
- Domain names;
- IP transactional to include drafting, negotiation and management of IP rights, respectively software and trademark license agreements, franchise and joint venture agreements, assignment agreements, SaaS agreements, white label agreements etc. as well as due diligence work that precedes such.
When so required by the needs of our clients, we team up with the best technical professionals in the patent field, and together provide services such as:
- prior art searches or assistance in all stages of drafting, filing and prosecuting patent applications;
- high-quality and cost-effective national validations and translations for granted European patents,(in the absence of a unitary patent system);
- validity and infringement or freedom-to-operate opinions, (primarily in the chemistry and pharmacology fields);
- representation of clients in revocation.
In short, we have the know-how and can assist you with:
- Your prosecution issues – clear, register and manage all your trademarks and designs, copyright and domain names;
- Monitoring and opposing to conflicting third party applications;
- Defending your IP rights:
-by taking pre-trial measures and actions;
-in active litigation;
-at the border.
- Protecting your business’ interests and helping you avoid litigation in conflicting matters;
- Your negotiations in transactional matters.
And when amicable settlement is no longer possible, we take our expertise in front of the court and put it to practice for the benefit of our clients.
“Simion & Baciu is the go-to firm in Romania in the IP and Gambling space.” (Legal 500, 2020)
“Romanian trade mark law is particularly nuanced, and Simion & Baciu have been invaluable in navigating us through these nuances and providing clear, practical and commercially driven advice.” (Legal 500, 2020)
“We believe they have a deep understanding of the IP laws and they are able to clearly present and frame the matter.” (Legal 500, 2020)
“Newly minted firm Simion & Baciu was formed in June 2019 with the stated aims of building closer client relationships, staying ahead of the commercial and legal curves and superbly serving service users across a range of industries and technical areas. There is every reason to suspect that [they] will achieve these objectives and grow substantially in the coming years, given the quality of its leadership.” (WTR, 2020)