We are expanding our enthusiastic team to welcome an
Associate-level lawyer to our Gaming & Gambling Practice
ABOUT THE ROLE
This Associate lawyer position, located in Bucharest, can be the opportunity for you to:
- Work with some of the most noteworthy companies active in the global gambling industry, innovative international law firms or trade associations dedicated to the sector
- Develop and employ critical thinking, initiative, take ownership, and use judgment and discretion to address issues without supervision, as appropriate to the level of experience required for this role
- Meet industry champions and peers during local and international conferences
- Enjoy the professional benefits of a forward-thinking working environment
In doing so, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide legal advice and draft analysis for a variety of gambling law and anti-money laundering matters
- Review and prepare legal documentation for extension of game portfolios
- Review and draft anti-money laundering policies and procedures for various firms active in the gambling industry
- Draft documents and templates for B2C and B2B gambling license applications
- Represent gambling clients in front of the National Gambling Office and other authorities
- Carry out research of legislation as well as business and technological trends that are of interest for the gambling industry
For us the suitable candidate for this role has:
- A member of the Bar Association
- Strong command of the law in a wide spectrum of commercial legal matters, appropriate to the level of experience required
- Prior experience in the field of gambling law which may be an advantage, but is not mandatory
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Romanian and English. Knowledge of another foreign language is a plus
- Ability to react quickly and make decisions, with attention to details and accuracy
- Team player structure
- Sharp sense of priorities and ability to use time effectively
- A genuine interest in new technologies and business trends, in general
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive remuneration and annual bonus based on performance/ transparent evaluation
- Opportunity to grow within a highly skilled and quality driven law firm
- Mentoring from lawyers with strong experience and independent recognition in commercial law areas
- Downtown office location
- Medical insurance package
- Work arrangement: hybrid
SIMION & BACIU is an award-winning intellectual powerhouse providing the best combination of legal advice, business savvy and humanness.
We act as business partners to our clients in areas of practice and regulated industries pivotal to our firm’s sustainable growth: intellectual property, gaming and gambling, technology, media & privacy, consumer protection & advertising, life sciences, data privacy and personal data processing, corporate and M&A, and disputes resolution.
The values that guide us are: Authenticity, Integrity, Respect, Partnership, Fairness.
In gambling law, SIMION & BACIU is honoured to be:
- the only Romanian law firm currently included in TIER 1 (the highest distinction) for TMT: Gambling Law by Legal 500
- winner of the Firm in Gambling Law award at the Romanian Legal Awards Gala 2022
- shortlisted at the EGR B2B Awards Gala 2022 for the Corporate services supplier and Services rising star categories, as the only Romanian firm participating in this awards programme, and so much more…
We are committed to this approach and level of performance. We expect the same from all our new colleagues.
To read more about the services offered by our Gaming & Gambling practice please check HERE.
Did we stir your interest? Let’s connect!
We are looking forward to receiving your CV at email@example.com