SIMION & BACIU is pleased to announce the promotions of four of its team members to the position of Senior Associate:
- Geanina Opița. Geanina’s expertise includes providing legal assistance on gaming and gambling regulatory aspects, as well as on various AML, corporate, intellectual property and consumer protection aspects. Aside from her technical activity, during 2022, Geanina acted as a volunteer for the FAST – FII AVOCAT IN SCOALA TA (English: “Be a Lawyer in Your School”) legal education project organized by the National Union of Bars in Romania.
- Ileana Nicolescu. Ileana specializes in the dispute resolution field, with focus on civil and commercial litigation, administrative law disputes, labour law disputes and enforcement proceedings. Also, she has been enlarging her expertise in the reputation management field by assisting clients in relation to assessing damages caused by defamatory statements against legal entities. Ileana acts as one of the SIMION & BACIU lawyers managing the firm’s relationship with the law students’ associations in Bucharest.
- Oana Ionescu. Oana’s expertise covers the dispute resolution field. She has been representing domestic and foreign companies, as well as natural persons in civil, labour and commercial law disputes, including in the area of insolvency and enforcement recovery. More recently, she has been building her experience in relation to sensitive projects such as those related to legal remedies available to legal entities for the reparation of damages caused by the breach of the right to reputation.
- Petruș Partene. Petruș specializes in data privacy, consumer protection, gambling, copyright and technology & media matters, and embeds a multi-angle approach in his work. Complementary to his professional activity, Petruș acts as one of the SIMION & BACIU lawyers managing the firm’s relationship with the law students’ associations in Bucharest.
The 2023 round of promotions is a confirmation of our colleagues’ dedication to the development of our firm, their contribution to the evolution of the team they are a part of, as well as to their individual advancement as concerns both their legal capabilities and client service abilities.
“We are excited by the perspectives that Geanina, Ileana, Oana and Petrus demonstrate. We congratulate them on this well-earned success and thank them for their contribution to the firm’s endeavor to providing the very best experience to our clients, colleagues and business partners”, mentioned Cosmina Maria Simion, Managing Partner.
“With diverse professional backgrounds and areas of expertise that are complementary to one another, our four new Senior Associates constantly bring their contribution to a tailored interaction with our clients, in alignment with our firm’s values. We look forward to their continuous professional evolution”, further mentioned Ana-Maria Baciu, Managing Partner.
This round of promotions is also a reflection of the outstanding string of achievements during a complex year 2022, when SIMION & BACIU continued to boost its presence in the business law services market, touching significant milestones and receiving outstanding recognitions at both domestic and international level, including:
- 3-fold increase of the initial team of lawyers and consultants
- 2-figure yearly growth (%) of our portfolio of clients
- boosting our presence across various practice areas, with Intellectual Property, Gambling and Gambling law, Consumer Protection and Disputes Resolution remaining key sectors of activity
- winner of the Romanian Firm of the Year award by Managing IP for the second time in a raw, in two consecutive years, 2021 and 2022
- winner of the Romanian Trademark Firm award at the Global IP Awards 2022 by IAM Patent and WTR 1000
- Gambling Law Firm of the Year in Romania in 2022 distinction awarded the Romanian Legal Awards Gala
- top ranked by major reputable international guides, including Chambers and Partners and Legal 500, across the areas of practice of reference to SIMION & BACIU