SIMION & BACIU is pleased to announce the expansion of the firm’s Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions practice group with the addition of Corina Roman as a Managing Associate. Corina joins from KPMG Legal. Her professional experience also includes previous roles with Romanian law firms NNDKP and PNSA, for more than 12 years.
Corina has been advising domestic and international corporate clients and entrepreneurs on structuring, negotiating, and implementing merger and acquisition transactions and corporate restructuring projects. In addition, she is well-versed in providing legal assistance on the full range of corporate, commercial and regulatory matters related to the day-to-day operations of businesses.
Examples reflecting her credentials include assisting large and medium size corporations in relation to multi-million euro share or asset deals, spin-off or group reorganization projects, in various industries, including automotive, manufacturing, retail, gambling, IT, FMCG and pharma. Also, she has been assisting start-ups in attracting financing from private investors, including by negotiating and securing rights for the founders and implementing complex corporate governance mechanisms meant to accommodate both investor and founder rights, while preserving a smooth management of the start-ups themselves.
Complementing her activity, Corina acted along the year as a member in technical work groups for the implementation of amendments to the legislative framework, particularly in the field of corporate law.
In her role at SIMION & BACIU, Corina will focus on cementing the Corporate, M&A practice of the firm, with responsibilities in expanding the team’s range of capabilities, and supporting our cross-selling initiatives aimed at ensuring a 360-degree offering to our portfolio of clients.
It gives us great pleasure to welcome Corina to our team and we are confident that her contribution will be a catalyst for the next phase in the maturing process of our Corporate, M&A practice group. Her expertise, skills and enthusiasm will enhance our ability to help our clients take wise, legally viable commercial decisions, and seek stability for subsequent phases of evolution of their businesses. This is reflective of our dedication to act as a partner, and not only an advisor, to those who entrust us with their legal work, mentioned Cosmina Maria Simion, Managing Partner.
Thanks to her determination and professional background, we believe that Corina is set to join the hall of legal talents of her generation. She is a strong addition to our growing team, which has increased 4-fold to date. Above all, clients continue to choose us as their legal partners for our ability to bring the human touch to our work and to demonstrate time and again that we not only understand the law, but also the fundamentals of doing business. We are confident that Corina will have a genuine impact on the continuous rolling out of our approach, added Ana-Maria Baciu, Managing Partner.
Since its founding in 2019, the firm’s propensity towards work in industries including retail, gambling, technology, media and entertainment, FMCG or manufacturing has also been generating a constant flow of both high profile and plain-vanilla mandates in the corporate, M&A area, ensuring a strong bridge pillar for its next stage of growth.
Selected examples of SIMION & BACIU’s work in the corporate, M&A area to date include the assistance provided to:
- Novalpina Capital LLP, an independent European private equity firm in connection with the acquisition of Maxbet, the largest land-based operator on the Romanian market, in was is the 2nd largest transaction concluded in Romania in 2021.
- a Romanian entrepreneurial company providing scalable and reliable data computing and storage capacity in connection with the general corporate and commercial assistance to related to the greenfield development of a technology park.
- Broadway, an online gaming company specializing in bingo with dozens of brands in connection with the Romanian aspects of the acquisition of the entire B2C and B2B bingo business of 888, one of the largest and well trusted online casino, sports betting and online poker website in the world.
- a European company that manufactures, develops and sells small household appliances in connection with its full entry in Romania, progressing from an indirect presence via an exclusive distribution company with a Romanian distributor.
- a Romanian entrepreneur in connection with his exit from a design & tech company which provides various services in the technology environment including software development, artificial intelligence, ecommerce, machine learning.
About SIMION & BACIU
A law firm that proposes a different approach, SIMION & BACIU quickly became a reference on the Romanian market, with a strong propensity toward offering legal services with regulatory content.
We are a team of over 25 professionals that provides a tailored relationship model to clients and business partners. We operate based on a consulting-litigation matrix structure, with main areas of practice including Intellectual Property, Consumer Protection & Advertising, Gambling regulatory, Technology & Media, Personal Data Protection and Privacy, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Pharmaceutical/Medical regulatory and Disputes Resolution.
SIMION & BACIU and members of its team are active in third-party professional organizations such as IMGL (International Masters of Gaming Law), INTA (International Trademark Association) and AmCham (American Chamber of Commerce in Romania) and Concordia (Employers’ Confederation) , thus, being permanently connected to the evolution and trends of the Romanian and international business and legal environment.
Members of our team are independently acknowledged by reputable international directories including Chambers and Partners, Legal 500, Managing IP, Who’sWhoLegal and WTR 1000.
Our growing reputation is reconfirmed by international and domestic awards, including:
- Law Firm of the Year in Romania distinction awarded by Managing IP (2021, 2022)
- Recognition as a Top Firm by the European Legal500, since the establishment of our firm, in 2019
- Recognition as a Top Firm by IP STARS (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Trademark Firm of the Year in Romania at the IP Global Awards (2022) and Gold-band by WTR (2023)
- Recognition as a leading firm by Chambers and Partners, one of the most prestigious publication evaluating the activity of law firms across over 200 jurisdictions.